This is a series of linked tutorials that will teach you the basics of using Octopus. This is where you should start if you have never used Octopus before. It assumes that you have a basic understanding of solid state physics and Density Functional Theory, that you have Octopus installed on your system, and that you know how to run commands on a shell.
- Lesson 1: Getting started Learn how to run the code
- Lesson 2: Basic input options Obtain the ground state of the nitrogen atom.
- Lesson 3: Total energy convergence Make sure that the results are converged
- Lesson 4: Visualization Example: Benzene
- Lesson 5: Centering a geometry Translate the center of mass to the origin.
- Lesson 6: Time-dependent propagation Time evolution of the density of the methane molecule.
- Lesson 7: Recipe ...finally, learn how to prepare a tasty octopus dish