Videoconference meeting spring 2017
Doodle to choose the date.
Topics to discuss
- New release.
- Buildbot status.
- Merge requests policy.
- LDA+U implementation.
- POP CoE profiling proposal.
- Issue notification.
- Other topics
Present: Alain, Alberto, Hannes, José Rui, Matthieu, Micael, Miguel, Nicolas, Shunsuke, Umberto, Xavier.
- New release
- Release branch has been created.
- Release should be done by June 1st.
- Update Developers:Preparing Release to take into account the change to git.
- The following pages should be updated: Developers:Big_changes Developers:Changes. Send an email to octopus-devel requesting all developers to update these pages.
- Buildbot status
- New machines in Hamburg using GCC and Intel compilers are up and running. PGI build should be available soon.
- Plans to add builds with the IBM compiler.
- We need a new machine to test CUDA builds.
- Check with Garching about having access to new machines.
- Merge requests policy
- It has become a bit more difficult to follow what is going on in the code.
- All developers seem to agree with the current policy.
- Merge request should be processed in a reasonable amount of time.
- Changing the tests should be done carefully and always checked in some way.
- Reasons for changing a test should always be explained in detail.
- Merge requests that change the tests should be approved by a least two developers.
- LDA+U implementation
- These developments should be moved to a private repository that is accessible to the other developers.
- Created a new octopus-private project on gitlab for this kind of developments.
- POP CoE profiling proposal
- It is not clear what amount of work we need to provide on our side.
- We can discuss this further with POP people, but none of us as much time to dedicate to this.
- Other topics
- Non-orthogonal cells: there are still some problems with the stencil generation; several ideas discussed (mehrstellenverfahren)
- Agreed to have these meetings every three months instead of twice a year.