Difference between revisions of "Videoconference meeting spring 2017"

From OctopusWiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 5: Line 5:
  
 
= Topics to discuss =
 
= Topics to discuss =
 
 
# New release.
 
# New release.
 
# Buildbot status.
 
# Buildbot status.
Line 16: Line 15:
 
= Present =
 
= Present =
  
Present:  
+
Present: Alain, Alberto, Hannes, José Rui, Matthieu, Micael, Miguel, Nicolas, Shunsuke, Umberto, Xavier.
  
 
= Meeting Minutes =
 
= Meeting Minutes =
 
* New release
 
* New release
 +
** The following pages should be updated: [[Developers:Big_changes]] [[Developers:Changes]]. Send an email to octopus-devel requesting all developers to update these pages.
 +
** Release branch has been created.
 +
** Release should be done by June 1st.
 +
** Update [[Developers:Preparing Release]] to take into account the change to git.
 
* Buildbot status
 
* Buildbot status
 +
** New machines in Hamburg using GCC and Intel compilers are up and running. PGI build should be available soon.
 +
** Plans to add builds with the IBM compiler.
 +
** Check with Garching about having access to new machines.
 +
** We need a new machine to test CUDA builds.
 
* Merge requests policy
 
* Merge requests policy
 +
** Changing the tests should be done carefully and always checked in some way.
 +
** Reasons for changing a test should always be explained in detail.
 +
** Merge requests that change the tests should be approved by a least two developers
 +
** It is sometimes difficult to follow what is going on.
 +
** All developers seem to agree with the current policy.
 +
** Merge request should be processed in a reasonable amount of time.
 
* LDA+U implementation
 
* LDA+U implementation
 +
** These developments should be moved to a private repository that is accessible to the other developers.
 +
** Created a new octopus-private project on gitlab for this kind of developments.
 
* POP CoE profiling proposal
 
* POP CoE profiling proposal
 +
** It is not clear what amount of work we need to provide on our side.
 +
** We can discuss this further with POP people, but none of us as much time to dedicate to this.

Revision as of 16:53, 4 May 2017

Doodle to choose the date.

Meeting URL: https://hangouts.google.com/call/ggp6swc4infj3d3rdghdrsp7jaf

Topics to discuss

  1. New release.
  2. Buildbot status.
  3. Merge requests policy.
  4. LDA+U implementation.
  5. POP CoE profiling proposal.
  6. Issue notification.
  7. Non-orthogonal cells. mehrstellenverfahren

Present

Present: Alain, Alberto, Hannes, José Rui, Matthieu, Micael, Miguel, Nicolas, Shunsuke, Umberto, Xavier.

Meeting Minutes

  • New release
  • Buildbot status
    • New machines in Hamburg using GCC and Intel compilers are up and running. PGI build should be available soon.
    • Plans to add builds with the IBM compiler.
    • Check with Garching about having access to new machines.
    • We need a new machine to test CUDA builds.
  • Merge requests policy
    • Changing the tests should be done carefully and always checked in some way.
    • Reasons for changing a test should always be explained in detail.
    • Merge requests that change the tests should be approved by a least two developers
    • It is sometimes difficult to follow what is going on.
    • All developers seem to agree with the current policy.
    • Merge request should be processed in a reasonable amount of time.
  • LDA+U implementation
    • These developments should be moved to a private repository that is accessible to the other developers.
    • Created a new octopus-private project on gitlab for this kind of developments.
  • POP CoE profiling proposal
    • It is not clear what amount of work we need to provide on our side.
    • We can discuss this further with POP people, but none of us as much time to dedicate to this.