Whatever language you write in, your task as a programmer is to do the best you can with the tools at hand. A good programmer can overcome a poor language or a clumsy operating system, but even a great programming environment will not rescue a bad programmer. —Kernighan and Pike
This section is for the developers of Octopus. If you are a new developer, please start by reading the Starting to develop page.
- Who we are
- A TODO list (from long ago)
- Removed Features
- Octopus logo
- Preparing a Release
- Big Changes: notes for the page Manual:Updating to a new version after a release
- Changes: notes for the page Changes after a release
- External Libraries
- Octopus Cheeseburger: octopus for the masses
- Starting to develop
- Coding standards
- Writing Documentation
- Regression testing
- Operations by blocks
- Doxygen documentation
- Input variables
- Slides of a tutorial for Octopus developers
Optimization, Benchmarks and Profiling
- LCAOStart Benchmark
- profiling of the parallelization in domains
- A Poisson_benchmark
- Timing results for the Octopus testsuite
- Speed-up of nonblocking collectives for
- OpenMP Parallelization
- References about cache optimization
- Restart-files benchmark
- Developers:Tests to be added
- Developers:Tutorials to be added
You can use the following tools to view/analyze octopus
By the way, you may want to see how the code is evolving with time:
- Ion-Ion interaction
- Dielectric function
- Exchange and Correlation
- Linear Response
- Open Boundaries/Transport
- Double Grid
- Separation of the pseudopotential
Detailed description of several pseudopotential formats.
- ABINIT description of the pseudopotential file format used by the ABINIT code.
- fhi98PP description of the pseudopotential file format used by the Fritz-Haber Institut norm-conserving pseudopotential generator.
- FHI98md description of the pseudopotential file format used by the Fritz-Haber Institut FHI98md code.
- PWscf description of the pseudopotential file format used by the PWscf code.
- Meeting minutes from IRC sessions or local meetings.
- Octopus Developers Meeting 2012.
- Octopus Developers Meeting 2015.
- Videoconference meeting autumn 2015.
- Videoconference meeting spring 2016
- Videoconference meeting autumn 2016
- Octopus Developers Meeting 2016.
- Videoconference meeting spring 2017
- Videoconference meeting winter 2018
- Videoconference meeting February 2019
- Videoconference meeting April 2019
- Videoconference meeting July 2019
- Octopus Developers Workshop 2019.